The Sindh Revenue Board (SRB) vide its notification no. SRB-3-4/11/2021 dated 31st May 2021 has announced an amnesty scheme for waiver of interest, penalty and default surcharge in respect of deposit of principal amount of contribution towards Sindh Companies Workers Profit Participation Fund outstanding on 31st May 2021.
Please note that contribution towards Sindh Workers’ Participation Fund is applicable only in case of companies engaged in industrial undertakings as provided under the Sindh Companies Profits (Workers Participation) Act, 2015.
EXTENT OF WAIVER OF INTEREST, PENALTY AND DEFAULT SURCHARGE ON PAYMENT OF OUTSTANDING PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF WPPF AS ON 31ST MAY 2021.
|Extent of Waiver of interest, penalty and default surcharge||Time for deposit of outstanding principal amount of tax along with balance default surcharge|
|100%||1st June 2021 to 18th June 2021|
|95%||19th June 2021 to 30th June 2021|
EXTENT OF WAIVER OF INTEREST, DEFAULT SURCHARGE AND PENALTY OUTSTANDING ON 31ST MAY 2021 WHERE PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF WPPF HAS ALREADY PAID BEFORE INTRODUCTION OF THIS AMNESTY.
|Extent of Waiver of interest, penalty and default surcharge||Time for deposit of balance penalty and default surcharge|
|99%||1st June 2021 to 30th June 2021|
PERSONS ELIGIBLE FOR AVAILING AMNESTY SCHEME.
The Scheme shall be applicable to following industrial undertakings
- An industrial undertaking liable to pay WPPF contribution along with interest, default surcharge and penalties outstanding on 31st May 2021
- An industrial undertaking against whom order has been passed by SRB for assessment and recovery of WPPF
- An industrial undertaking against whom WPPF liability is confirmed by the appellate authorities i.e. the Commissioner Appeals or the Appellate Tribunal
- An industrial undertaking whose case is under assessment or adjudication with any officer of SRB
- An industrial undertaking whose case is pending at the appellate stage i.e. the Commissioner Appeals or the Appellate Tribunal
- An industrial undertaking whose cases are under litigation in any court of law including the High Court or the Supreme Court
DEPOSIT OF TAXES IN SINDH GOVERNMENT’S HEAD OF ACCOUNT “G-06316”.
It is important to note that the principal amount of contribution of WPPF, interest, default surcharge or penalty must be deposited in the Sindh Government’s head of account “G-06316” otherwise same shall not be considered as paid by SRB.